Sunday, June 5, 2011

What to do with my Lent blog.....

After Easter, I took a little time to "study on" what to do with my blog. I personally debated several ideas. This in itself is not unusual. I admit that the main reason that I have a cat is so that when I'm caught talking to myself I can pretend to be talking to the cat. Anyway, in the end I decided to link the blog to one of my favorite hours each week which is the time that I spend with my Bible study group. The term "Sunday School" has fallen out of favor, so when asked to label ourselves our group chose the name "Morning Blend." I would describe the typical member as a middle class Baptist white woman aged 30ish to 60ish with a career related in some way to education. There are many exceptions to all these categories; hence the name. There are about a dozen or so of us in the core group, and we've been meeting on Sunday mornings at 9:45 for over a decade with a number of others who have drifted in and out of our fellowship. We study the Bible one book at a time based on a set schedule that completes the entire Bible every 8 years. We alternate Old Testament and New Testament books.  We've just begun a study of the book of Jeremiah, so this seems like a good time to experiment with extending the usual discussion hour to a week. This will work best as a conversation, but I'm not sure if the blog platform will be as lively and interesting as our actual meetings are. I guess there's only one way to find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment